FUSIONS (Food Use for Social Innovation by Optimising Waste Prevention Strategies) is a project about working towards a more resource efficient Europe by significantly reducing food waste. The project runs for 4 years, from August 2012 to July 2016. It is funded by the European Commission Framework Programme 7.
FUSIONS has 21 project partners from 13 countries, bringing together universities, knowledge institutes, consumer organisations and businesses. In addition, a number of organisations from a variety of sectors have pledged their support to FUSIONS.
The project will establish a European Multi-Stakeholder Platform to generate a shared vision and strategy to prevent food loss and waste across the whole supply chain through social innovation. Already more than 200 leading European organisations have pledged their support.
The project will contribute towards:
- the harmonisation of food waste monitoring;
- improved understanding of the extent to which social innovation can reduce food waste; and
- the development of guidelines for a common Food Waste policy for EU-27.
Through delivery of the key objectives, FUSIONS will support:
- the delivery of the Roadmap towards a Resource Efficient Europe;
- the European Commission’s target of a 50% reduction of food waste; and
- a 20% reduction in the food chain’s resource inputs by 2020.
To find out more about the progress made by the FUSIONS project, please refer to the Work Structure section.
- Exciting trainee opportunities- WRAP
- Call for abstracts
- FUSIONS Awareness raising events
- Have a Happy Zero Waste Christmas!
- EC’s Circular economy package to be re-tabled...
- Self-service fridges? Our future? Let’s ask t...
- FUSIONS Member LightBlue E.C. tackles food wa...
- Submit Abstracts- International Conference on...
- United Against Food Waste
- FUSIONS Feasibility Sudies presented in short...
- Ugly fruit in stores near you!
- A look back: FUSIONS progress and achievement...
- New definitional framework of food waste prop...